Are you experiencing lower back pain? You are not alone. Lower back pain is common and is one of the leading causes of disability. Lower back pain is also a leading factor that causes many people to miss work. Fortunately, if you are suffering from lower back pain, it's not all doom and gloom. At Lorenzen Chiropractic Clinic in Richardson, TX, we have provided patients with lower back pain with chiropractic treatment for many years.
Causes of Lower Back Pain
There are numerous causes of lower back pain. The most common include:
- Injury: Sports, auto accidents, and work-related activities may cause damage to the back, triggering back pain.
- Arthritis: This inflammatory condition affects the back joints, causing pain and stiffness.
- Spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the vertebrae column compresses the spinal nerves, triggering back pain.
- Herniated discs: Due to age and injuries, your vertebrae discs may bulge or move out of position, causing back pain.
- Sciatica: Weight, age, and injury may cause the spinal structures to irritate the sciatica nerve, causing pain that radiates from the lower back to the legs.
- Scoliosis: The abnormal curvature of the spine puts pressure on the nerves, ligaments, and tendons, causing back pain.
Furthermore, other conditions like fibromyalgia, spondylitis, tumors, and infections may cause lower back pain.
Diagnosing Lower Back Pain
If you visit a chiropractor for back pain treatment, it begins with a diagnosis. Our chiropractor will physically examine your back to determine areas of discomfort. Our chiropractor may also request X-ray images and CT scans to determine the exact cause of your pain
Lower Back Pain Treatment
After diagnosing your lower back pain, we will create a chiropractic care plan tailored to your needs. Potential chiropractic treatments for lower back pain include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: This treatment removes joint restrictions to reduce inflammation and improve the functioning of the nervous system. By boosting the nervous system's performance and reducing inflammation, your body can better manage pain.
- Massage therapy: If your back pain is caused by your back muscles, chiropractic massage relaxes your muscles, reducing inflammation and discomfort.
- Rehabilitation exercises: Back stretches reduce pain, improve range of motion, and improve your muscle strength.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Are you thinking of seeing a chiropractor treat your back pain? You are on the right track. Below are the benefits of chiropractic treatment to manage back pain.
- Reduced pain and inflammation
- Does not involve the use of prescription medication
- Improved range of motion
- Faster and more effective healing
- Increased muscle tone and strength
Contact Our Chiropractor in Richardson, TX for Lower Back Pain Treatment
Call Lorenzen Chiropractic Clinic today at (972) 275-6682 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.